Peyton is 6 months old today! Wow, what a day! We spent the majority of the day with Suzi and Luke. We went and saw baby Ethan at the hospital (Kelley and Donivan too) and then went to this used children's clothing store called Other Mothers and I took in some old stuff and they gave me $19 credit to spend! I got Peyton some of the cutest clothes - all name brand (Gap, Ralph Lauren) his first Levi's - adorable! It was really fun because I looooove getting nice things for cheap! After we dropped off Suzi and Luke we headed to Safeway to get some groceries before heading home to get ready for Grandpa and Grandma's arrival. I made a really yummy (and spicy) Thai red curry, shrimp and coconut soup for dinner. It was good! I thought maybe it was too spicy because Dad kept choking on the spiciness and everyone was guzzling water but that didn't keep them from going back for more so I guess it was a hit. Peyton didn't get the soup but he seemed pleased with the carrots that Daddy fed him, so pleased that he required a bath to wash off his carrot coated body. He was so funny because the carrots had spilled onto the tray of his highchair and when he was done with his jar of carrots, he wasn't done. He started sucking on the carrots on his tray. I guess we can deduct that the boy likes his carrots. The rest of us had cake to celebrate his birthday (leftover wedding cake). He'll get some in 6 more months. Oh lordy, that is going to come way too fast.
When I was with Suzi today at the hospital she teared up after seeing Ethan because he is so new and her Lukey is already a whole 14 days old and she was remembering his birth and suddenly didn't want him to grow up. I had to laugh because the time goes by so very fast and I too find myself wanting to "freeze" Peyton at whatever miraculous age he's at but the fact is (and I told her this) they just keep getting better - every day I enjoy my son more and more. He amazes me with each new thing he does and I look forward to the next 6 months because I know it will only get better...
until he's two.
When I was with Suzi today at the hospital she teared up after seeing Ethan because he is so new and her Lukey is already a whole 14 days old and she was remembering his birth and suddenly didn't want him to grow up. I had to laugh because the time goes by so very fast and I too find myself wanting to "freeze" Peyton at whatever miraculous age he's at but the fact is (and I told her this) they just keep getting better - every day I enjoy my son more and more. He amazes me with each new thing he does and I look forward to the next 6 months because I know it will only get better...
until he's two.







0 comments:
Post a Comment