Saturday, October 21

Go Cougs!

Here's Peyton getting his first "sit down" haircut from Grandma. He didn't object too much and ended up with a cute little "do".

The Cougs won against the Ducks today and I hear it was a good game. I was supposed to go but decided at the last minute to stay home with the girls and gave my ticket to Dad's golf buddy, Roger. I'd say it's for the best because I spent the entire afternoon miserable with a tummy ache and sitting outside at a football game would not have been much fun EVEN though the Cougs roasted the Ducks!

The Guardian is a great movie and I highly recommend it! We had a great time and Peyton did just fine in Grandpa and Grandma's care - he was sound asleep when we got home.

Mom, Courtney and I made Verenika for dinner tonight. It is an old Mennonite family recipe that is basically a dumpling with a dry curd cottage cheese filling and smothered in a bacon/sour cream gravy. What can I say? Not at all WeightWatchery but Oh, so good! It's a lot of work and we only make it about once a year so we just vow to enjoy it and watch our calories another day.

Tomorrow we head home and while I've enjoyed my "vacation", I will be very happy about sleeping in my own bed and getting Peyton back to his happy little routine...

Uncle Greg with Peyton and Eli (about an hour before Eli broke out in a fever and was out of commission for the rest of the night)...

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com