Tuesday, April 10

It's all Relative...

Some highlights from the last week in the "Wrenchy" household...



Last Tuesday, we had my Aunt Dea (Mom's sister) and Uncle Gerry stop in for the night on their way to California. It was a treat to spend some time with them - I hadn't seen them since I was just pregnant with Peyton at my Grandma's memorial...

Peyton loved taking his Great Auntie for walks and took to both of them in no time...must be the family resemblance!

We went out with Suzi and Luke on Thursday and ended up just running errands. Funny how errands can be fun with the right company.



Peyton LOVES baseball hats (he must know how absolutely adorable he is in them). He was playing peek-a-boo with me when I shot this...

Saturday we headed south to Portland to spend the Easter weekend with Ian's Dad, Bob. We got there in time for the men to golf 9 holes and Peyton and I headed to the mall in search of tax-free treasures. It was a zoo and Peyton was soon in need of a nap so we headed back to Bob's for some sleep and waited for Daddy and Grandpa to return. In the evening we trekked down to Salem and picked up Ian's Grandma for dinner at McGrath's Fish House. It was a fun evening and Bob even scored us some free desserts by finding a thumbtack on his plate. Peyton was a little vulture when the dessert came although he appeared more like a baby bird, mouth open, head tilted back, and a constant tug on mom's arm for more! He seems to want whatever it is I'm eating or drinking, including coffee and soda (if he only knew!)

Peyton, in his Easter outfit (a gift from Grandma and Grandpa A.)

Sunday was interesting to say the least...
After a ROUGH night of sleep (two hours up with Peyton - try putting your barely sleeping baby back to bed with squeaky wood floors!) Ian had to hurry out of the house to pick up his Grandma from Salem and take her to the airport. Bob hurried off to church to sing in the choir and Peyton and I got up and had some breakfast, a nap and readied ourselves for church. Ian picked us up and we arrived at Bob's church just a couple minutes after the service started. I ended up outside with Peyton during the message because he was happy and vocal and kept laughing when no one else was (we got some amused looks at least). The music was just starting up again so I picked him up to return to the service and flipped him around with my hand supporting his crotch. I must have dislodged his diaper in the manouver because suddenly I felt something very warm and very wet. He peed. Now what are the odds that he would pee at that exact moment? I quickly gathered the diaper bag and went off in search of a nursery to change him in. I had to strip him down and remove his onesie and shorts. Fortunately I had thrown in a change of pants ( I never do that) so his cute Easter outfit remained intact. After church we headed out for brunch at our favorite Portland haunt, Marco's, only to find they were closed. We ended up at a greasy little diner called Fat City and learned shortly after our meal how they got their name. It was good but oh my goodness I'll be dreading my WW meeting this week if you get my drift... After an hour of me packing and the men watching the Masters tournament (I was not so interested with my fave Phil Mickelson pretty much out of the running) we headed home with Bob along for the ride. He met up with his wife Linda to head back down to Portland later in the evening. She was up to welcome the arrival of her third grandchild, a baby girl. Congrats to Pat and Roxy! We can't wait to meet her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome in his baseball caps. It looks like he took to Auntie Dea........hugs....and smooches!

Laura J. said...

He gets cuter every day! Love the baseball caps. Glad you had a good weekend. Miss ya all!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend! Peyton sure looks cute in his Easter outfit! I love how smiley he is!

Carrie

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

Having a new walker in the house really changes how Mama can handle things doesn't it? Suddenly almost nothing is sacred because it's all in reach. Hugs and Love,
Lisa

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com