Wednesday, October 15

The new addition...

Our Mazda that we have owned for almost our entire marriage is on it's death bed so we knew it was time to trade it in...it was a good car, gave us nearly 10 more months of life after we thought it was a goner last winter. We traded up to a 2004 Saab 93 Sport Sedan. It's primarily Ian's commuter car so he got to make the final selection. We got a great deal on it and even got a fair amount for the sickly Mazda! Here they are!

While we were at the dealer, Peyton got to "drive" a Porsche Boxter...boy was he in heaven!
More good news! We realized AFTER the fact that our insurance would probably go up and we had not really factored that into our budget, whoops! It went up alright, a whole $1 a month. Usually when you go from a '98 to an '04 it would go up a lot but because (in the words of the insurance lady) we made such a smart choice - the SAAB is loaded with safety features (8 airbags) and steel frame construction - it was a mere $1 difference! In the words of the now defunct WaMu "Wooohoooo!"

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Nice wheels....I'm feeling so much better for Ian now that will be driving a 'dependable' car. Peyt looked like he was a perfect fit for the Porsche....:-) Hugs Namma

Laura J. said...

Who wouldn't be happy with the Porsche? I am happy for you guys especially Ian since this car won't smell. :) Congrats.

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

Whaaaaa! I've wanted a Saab ever since high school. Beautiful choice.

Nicoly said...

Thanks Lisa, I never even thought about them, until we saw another one like this. It is a really nice little car and super fun to drive!

Jeannette said...

You are my blog fashion trend setter friend. :) I love your background source! Super cute layouts. Great car too. It does look like it would be fun to drive.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new wheels! :) I love your music too...you inspire me to add to my playlist!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com