Oh boy does Peyton love his dog! (and she thinks he tastes pretty good!) He squeals with delight at the very sight of her! In hindsight, it was such a wise decision to buy her as a puppy two years ago. She is now the perfect companion for a little boy. I truly believe he is going to benefit greatly by having her in his life. Today was a much better day than yesterday. I didn't feel "blah" at all and was actually quite productive this morning during Peyton's nap. When he got up, we trekked over to Hallmark and picked up a few goodies for some special people in our life. The old ladies that work there just looooved him and he gave them plenty to love with big smiles all around! I got him this little stuffed dog that barks when you squeeze it. He loves toys that make sounds. When we returned home he was way tired but not the least bit interested in his crib so I indulged him in a snuggle nap. I love these and relish them because they cannot and will not last forever. He slept on me for two hours before I transferred him to his crib. Snuggle naps are always a good excuse for me to catch up on some good TLC shows. Took a much needed brisk family walk this evening before bed time and awakened every dog in the neighborhood with Maggies presence. We have a good neighborhood for walking - it's safe, has good sidewalks and lot's of dogs to annoy.
I spent a little time reflecting on our Hurricane Katrina survivors today thanks to my friend Niki (she lives next door to an evacuee in Houston). Makes me VERY thankful for all that I have. I WILL NOT take one thing for granted that God has given me. We are so rich in blessings and have so much to be happy about. It's so easy sometimes to find yourself wanting more and becoming dissatisfied with where God has you but often if you just look back a little bit, you realize how much more you've already been given. Thank you Louisiana for reminding me of that.
He was talking away when I snapped this. He gets on the changing table and gets all jabbery and it is the cutest thing ever. This picture doesn't even begin to capture the cuteness but you get the idea!







2 comments:
Howdee.......my favorite part of the day has become when I check your blog and see the new pics...I wish Courtney would start one as well.........
Nice blog Nic. Even nicer family! It's great to see pictures of my 2nd cousin, as well as his mom. :)
I'll look forward to your next post.
Post a Comment